Saturday, October 20, 2012

More faith.....


Recently I was praying for a family at my church.  The mom had made a decision to follow Christ, but the dad was not on board.  As a matter of fact, he was fairly antagonistic towards church and Christians.  I spent quite a bit of time praying for the salvation of the dad, not really confident that he would actually come to have a relationship with Christ.  He refused to meet with the pastor and he refused to meet with me.

Then one day, out of the blue, I got a phone call from the mom.  The dad had called her very upset.  She said he was desperate to talk with someone.  I told her if he was truly desperate he would talk with our pastor.  Before the day was done, not only had he called the pastor, he had given his life to Christ.  He immediately asked for some books to read, in addition to the Bible.  He came to church this past Sunday and according to the mom, things are much better with their relationship.

Can I be honest here?  Even though I was fervently praying for the salvation of the dad and the restoration of this family, I really didn’t think it would happen.  I really didn’t have the faith that the dad would really ever give up control of his life.  Why don’t I have more faith?  I wish I knew the reason.  But I do know this – my faith was strengthened by watching God work in this man’s life.  Now when I pray, I pray with the confidence that God is going to do mighty things because that is who He is.  God is in the miracle business.

No comments:

Post a Comment